You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM   #1
learner
Lifetime Supporting Member
Canada

RSview, path too long

Hi there,

I'm trying to install the rsview demo edition , I think version 6.3" . it says "path is too long". I saw the previous posting regarding this problem but I don't know to what I should modify my TEMP, or TMP values to. I have my TEMP folder on drive C:. Can you give me a detailed answer regarding this problem. I need to do some practice with RSVIEW on weekend.

Regards

Learner
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM   #2
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Hello Learner

Not sure on the Temp...

But when I got this error I had to go into

control panel/system properties/ environment variables/ path

and remove some of the string... there were many that were duplicated after every install, this was on Win2000, I have never had the issue with XP

Be careful... you can screw up your PC, copy the string before you edit it

EDIT: The TEMP is the variable in the environment, just never read the name before
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways

Last edited by geniusintraining; May 3rd, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM   #3
bguinn
United States

Be careful with editing tis string. I also had this same issue and edited the string. After editing the string, I had other programs quit working.

Such as RSView Studio, RSLinx(only certain drivers).

I ended up doing a system restore to correct my issues, because I didn't copy the string to begin with. RSVIEW 32 did install, but when I did the system restore, I lost RSV32.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #4
davidg68124
United States

Go into this variable and copy it to a text file. Leave it clear and reboot. Then run the install and RSView 32 will install fine. Before restarting, copy the contents of the text file back onto the end of that current path string. This will restore other program's settings and then reboot.

David
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #5
CowDung
United States

David has it exactly right.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum