FactoryTalk popup window

testsubject

I created a window that pops up over the existing screen being displayed (similar to a faceplate) but buttons around the perimeter of the window ("under" the popup) are still accessible. How do I stop this short of making the popup the same size as the screen?

I was looking to add a small dialog box for entering data "over" the existing screen but do not want to allow the existing screen to change....

I thought about doing that but could not see a "CurrentDisplay" variable in the system variables. I did not want to create extra variables in the PLC if I did not need them. (Hard to test that as well if there is no PLC yet....)

Have you tried making it so that your desired pop up message sits on a larger transparent square/rectangle which can be used to block the buttons on the screen behind it?

In other words, make your pop up transparent and the size of the screen (or as big as it needs to be) then place your window in the position required, on this pop up.

This would save having to add more conditions to the buttons.