EtherNet/IP and VisualStudio C#

Bbarnett

I have data in a C# program. What would be the easiest way to have this data readable/writable as an EtherNet/IP adapter? Does a module exist that can run my program?

I'm aware that there is open source code for EtherNet/IP, but I'm wondering if there's an easier/packaged way of doing this.

Is your goal to add your PC to the IO tree in RSLogix5000? If so, this can get a little complicated. Since a PC is not real-time capable, it has the potential of missing the RPI rate and causing the PLC to repeatedly disconnect.

A more reliable way is to read/write the data you have in c# to a tag in the PLC. As Gary mentioned AdvancedHMI makes this process very simple.

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look at Advanced HMI.

I was hoping to add the PC to the IO tree. None of the IO would be time-sensitive if that matters.