Wonderware n00b question - Math Task

asdf6

Im using Wonderware Intouch machine edition v8.0.

Question:

How does the Math Worksheet/Task scripting work? I have the following expression mapped to a tag but it shows zero constantly but should be non-zero:

Execution = 1

Tag Name:
Tag1 (ProjecTag)
Expression
(SharedDatabase Tag1 / SharedDatabase Tag2)*100

Is this the proper syntax? I cannot find anything online that explicitly explains the general syntax for these types of expressions.

Regards,

Andre

Last edited:
Im using Wonderware Intouch machine edition v8.0.

Question:

How does the Math Worksheet/Task scripting work? I have the following expression mapped to a tag but it shows zero constantly but should be non-zero:

Execution = 1

Tag Name:
Tag1 (ProjecTag)
Expression
(SharedDatabase Tag1 / SharedDatabase Tag2)*100

Is this the proper syntax? I cannot find anything online that explicitly explains the general syntax for these types of expressions.

Regards,

Andre

Please check that Tag1 and Tag2 are in Real Type or not.

Agreed; it's very likely that (Shared Database Tag1 / Shared Database Tag2) is less than 1/2.

If they are integers, then the result is rounded to the nearest integer, which is zero.

"Wonderware InTouch Machine Edition" is a brand label for Indusoft Web Studio, and the Math worksheets execute their simple "expression language".

This is in contrast to a Script worksheet, which executes VBScript.

While I'm fairly familiar with Indusoft Web Studio, the Shared Database feature is not something I have used. I would check on the values of the Shared Database Tag1 and Tag2 with the Database Spy, if you can.

You might be able to get the result you want from:

((SharedDatabase Tag1 * 1.0) / (SharedDatabase Tag2 * 1.0)) * 100

That will functionally convert Tag1 and Tag2 to REAL data type before dividing them and then multiplying by 100.

I fixed the problem by resetting Background Tasks from "Automatic" startup, to "Manual" startup, and than back to "Automatic". It seems they were initially not running.

"Wonderware InTouch Machine Edition" is a brand label for Indusoft Web Studio, and the Math worksheets execute their simple "expression language".

Ken,
I did not know this, so thank you. I was wondering why the Indusoft help was so similar to ITME.

Regards,

Andre