OT - Searching for strong duct hose to collect hot metal chips

alive15

Good afternoon all, hope everyone is doing well. I have a mill cutter application which mills into our iron casting part. I am using duct hose 5314k36 from McMaster to collect the hot chips and shavings after every mill, but this one only lasts about 5 weeks before holes start appearing in the hose.

Does anyone recommend a stronger duct hose of any material from any company? Looking for a 10' piece or longer that can slightly flex on the ends, similar to picture attached. Our chip hose goes up vertically into a metal pipe which sends to the chip collector bin.

Thanks,

chip hose example.PNG

I don't have any experience with this product, but have you looked at 5261K71 from mcmaster? It looks like a similar hose, except steel and even more abrasive resistant.

@GaryS I checked on Grainger in the metal hose category, but they have only for gases, not for metal chips. Do you think those would work for metal chips?

@Helliana Thanks! I will definitely order a piece and compare the life with the existing one.