Injection Molding

new at this, I have a Negri Bossi injection molding machine. What are some things that I need to provide? Thank you

Have you talked to the manufacturer, that would be my first point of call.

Basic info would be has it got a PLC or HMI in it or does it use a propriety controller ? If it uses a PLC/HMI what type is it ?

If it's like a Husky, or a Krauss Maffei, it's going to be a proprietary locked down system. You will have to contact NB to get them to provide an interface for you.

You'd need the project for the B&R PLC and use the email function to send SMS through either a 3rd party service or the carrier's email to sms system. They definitely won't give you the code for the PLC for a system like this, so you'll have to pay the OEM to add that feature for you.

about 10 yrs ago I was asked to do this with a Mazak work cell. I don't recall the brand but all we needed was a signal from an alarm(light) to trigger the call/text. I think it was less than $500. Worked well for us.

I did this too. Used the xenon beacon signal to trigger a relay that then triggered a texting box. It can text up to 10 numbers each time there is a fault and it also sends a text every day to say all is ok. The box was 80 quid + a 5 quid a month SIM.

As mentioned above. Either take the alarm lamp signal or get a cheap programmable relay, like a Siemens Logo to collate if you want more than 1 digital signal and output to the linked above.

Don't waste time with the OEM.