Automated SCADA Functional Testing

jjack230

Hi guys,
Currently my company has a job with a large SCADA component. We're pretty strapped for resources at the moment and so I was wondering whether there was an existing product that could perform something along the lines of FAT? Just some sort of confirmation that our SCADA is configured and operating correctly.
Thanks in advance

Hi Jon
I'm looking at something more generic. What did you have in mind?
I'm thinking something thats point to point, Simulating the IO into SCADA and comparing it to the expected output. Thinking along the lines of utilising an API or RTU.

If you want to compare the result -in the scada- then your test application must have api or direct access to the programming environment of the scada. For x a scada made in vs, then import a specific tester class. How to determine "button turns green"...

Writing and reading from the scada register in plc is much easier. It would test plc only though. I use a homemade vs app w plc drivers to run test definitions written in xl sheets.

Smartbear is a pro suite. Never used it though.