You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 25th, 2016, 08:30 PM   #1
avlgeneral
Canada

Connected components workbench temperature control

Hi guys, very new here so apologies in advance for poor forum use.

I just need some advice to kickstart a project ive been given, some basic "how to" and "where to" start in the program.

I've purchased a Micro850 with expansion AI and AO cards and plan to use connected components workbench (obviously) to program a temperature control loop.

It's a generator package, where a 4-20mA temp signal will be the feedback for an intake, discharge and recirculation louvers along with a fan controlled by a VFD to control the temperature and keep it at a constant temp. The PLC will only be used to control the temperature via louvers and fan.

The set up will be, the intake and discharge louvers will modulate according to the temp, the re-circulation louvers will simply open and close. Recirc will be open along with discharge and intake being closed when its cold (to increase the package temperature) then when up to temperature the recirc louvers will close and the intake and discharge louvers will modulate accordingly.

When i say intake and discharge i mean to the container holding the generator.

How would one start this process? Would you use a PID function block or am i over thinking it?

I realise this is a basic-ish kind of set up, but i havent used PLC programming software in quite some time. Any info on connected components work bench would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 26th, 2016, 01:32 AM   #2
Boorabee Parker
Australia

Rockwell have CCW PID FBD ready to download. Search their site. CCW is ok if you are not used to using other Rockwell programming suites.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum