Panleview Plus Printing

Halsec

Hi all, I have an AB Panelview Plus 700 and am trying to print a screen through the USB port. When we plug a printer into the USB port we get asked to install a driver. Any ideas on how to configure drivers in the Panelview Plus??? Has anyone had success printing from a Panelview Plus??

It is possible to connect a printer to the USB port.
Only thing is that it must support PCL3 (Printer Control Language).

Mine does support this but maybe not 100% as Rockwell said to me after I contacted them.

This is what they answered:
When you see this message come up on the PVP that means the printer is saying that it does not conform to the PCL 3 spec'd generic driver that is on the PVP. Unfortunatly the only way you could use that specific printer would be configuring it as a network share on a PC and having the PVP connect to it that way. HP printers seem to work the best, not sure if it is because HP wrote the PCL 3 spec or not but we have had the greatest success with them.
Only printers that support Printer Control Language (PCL3) will work. Printer that support PCL4 and PCL5 may not be fully backward compatible. Non-PCL should support ASCII-only printing with the default PCL driver. ...

PanelView (Plus) Printing

I'd have to recommend you buy a compact flash card to log data to (the plus versions have a slot)

But either way you'll need to software (RSView for PanelViewPlus and PanelBuilder32 for PanelView) this way you can view the screens

If you want data from the controller then you can configure RS View so the terminal logs data from the controller to the flash card, if you just want a screen then you can print screen via 'Print Screen' on your keyboard and paste it into MS Paint and print from your PC

Rockwell Softwares Knowledge base on te internet will give all manuals and advice on how to use threir software and hardware

The Panelview will print out of the box to a HP 5500 Deskjet. Guess it supports PCL3. Never had to install drivers, think the PV+ already had them

I also just had a customer request for printing alarms. I just got off the phone with Rockwell tech support. I was just informed that any PCL3 complaint printer should work with a direct connection to the USB hub but the following printers were tested and known to work with a direct connection to the PV+...HP 5740, HP 5650, and HP 3820

TW has already confirmed the 5500. I will be installing the HP 5740 next week with a customer in Mexico and will confirm this.

Regards,
Chris

A second resurrection of this thread....

Anyone know of a printer that is available now that has been verified to work with the panelview plus over USB ?

The models previously mentioned in this thread don't seem to be available anymore. Thanks.

lynchmob said:
A second resurrection of this thread....

Anyone know of a printer that is available now that has been verified to work with the panelview plus over USB ?

The models previously mentioned in this thread don't seem to be available anymore. Thanks.
I use now a HP Deskjet 460 because its small and it has to work in a small box.
I also tried a HP Laserjet 1160 and it worked too.
If you want to use another printer I would try again a printer of HP even if it should work with every printer using PCL3.
My former printer from Olivetti (the smallest printer and best for my use I found) didnt work and it supports PCL3.

Resurrection - Pt. 3

Speaking of printing from a PV+ ...
Is it possible to use the serial port on a Panelview Plus 600 (2711P-T6C20D) to print to Hyperterminal? I'm trying to get a hold of the alarm history without figuring out how to use data logs.

Maybe I should start another thread.

Mike