Panleview 600 factory reset

I would only write to those bits in the N11 group (make them the tags that the button controls) and I would only read tags in the N10 group (for indicator states, even on the same button).

N10 = Outputs from the PLC, Read by the HMI
N11 = Inputs to the PLC, Written by the HMI

But if I do not use any of the bits of N11, the transfer will not transfer it.

I think you need to put them in the tag database, and you will get rid of the error even if they are not used by any pages.

But I would use them...every button would have an indicator tag and a control tag (my terms may not match Panelbuilder).

I can put in the tag data base, but I need addresses for those tags.
I know in RS5000 we can use tags and is accepted as data base. But how will I
do it in Rs500?

At the moment my Tag address is N11:0/0. The tag form requires to
put an address there. What can I use?
For instance, I made tag address:" Run " in PV. What will I use in the PLC?
How will I fire the "Run" bit from the SLC504?

At the moment my Tag address is N11:0/0. The tag form requires to
put an address there. What can I use?
N10:0/0

For instance, I made tag address:" Run " in PV. What will I use in the PLC?
How will I fire the "Run" bit from the SLC504?

Use the state of the device to drive the output instruction for N10:0/0 in the PLC. Or examine the state of the button:
XIC N11:0/0 OTE N10:0/0

I don't understand how that can function.
AT the moment I use exactly as you described, just opposite.
My PB on PV is N10:0/0. I use it as XIC to N11:0/0 OTE.
Basically check the state of N10:0/0 in the PLC and firing the N11:0/0, as output.
If I check the state of N11:0/0 XIC, it will never come ON if is not made as OTE.
AM I correct?

BTR/BTW Instructions...

Without getting into great detail here, which is hard not to do, I think I'm seeing a fundamental omission in this setup?

While there has been a couple of references to it along the way, a clear and definite answer or screenshot has not yet been posted to make me think otherwise...

BestTime,

I do not think you are you using the necessary RSLogix 500 Block Transfer Read (BTR) and Block Transfer Write (BTW) instructions in the program for the SLC? At this stage, I don't think you even know about them?

Paul (OkiePC) asked you for some screenshots of the BTR and BTW rungs from your program. All you attached were photos of PanelBuilder32 settings and the error on the PanelView screen.

I/we do not mean the BTR/BTW settings you keep referring to in the PanelView or anything to do with the 1747-SN scanner and its G File configuration.

These are specific instructions which you must place and execute on rungs in your RSLogix 500 program and they must be correctly parameterized. A Block Transfer Read (BTR) instruction is used in order for the SLC to receive data from a remote device via the scanner. A Block Transfer Write (BTW) instruction is used in order to send data from the SLC to a remote device via the scanner.

The scanner and SLC exchange Remote I/O data using the M Buffer Files in the scanner. M1 handles the BTR data and M0 handles the BTW data. There are 32 available M0 and M1 buffers and each buffer can transfer up to 64 words of data to and from a device. The scanner exchanges the M buffer file data with the end device or devices. An end device, such as your PanelView, is also configured to send and receive to the scanner. The amount of data you are telling the scanner it is exchanging with the end device (G File in RSLogix 500) and the amount of data you are telling the PanelView it is exchanging with the scanner (PanelBuilder32) must match. This is what Paul was/is stressing and this what you have been concentrating on, only, from what I can gather?

You appear to have the scanner's G File configuration setup correctly because you have a Green LED on the 1747-SN. But setting up the PanelView with the scanner is only a part of the whole configuration. The PanelView setup, alone, will not enable the data to be exchanged between the PanelView and the SLC addresses. The PanelView setup only enables the data exchange as far as the scanner.

The scanner must then interact with the SLC using the BTR/BTW instructions in RSLogix 500.

I'm trying to keep this explanation as simple as possible while giving you the general gist of what you should be doing. If I'm correct, and you are missing all this setup in the SLC program, then bear with me. We can get into more specific details later if you confirm my suspicions, but there might be a "gotcha" at the end?

The SLC handles the program data to be passed to and from the scanner's Mx Buffer Files via the BTR/BTW instructions. This program data, for instance, would be your block of N integer words, such as Data Files N10 or N11.

For a BTR in the SLC, you copy your user data into the N Data File addresses. The BTR instruction parameters contain settings such as the Rack/Group/Slot of the remote device, the N Data File starting word; example: N11:0. It also contains the M1 Buffer File starting address in the scanner, such as M1:1.100 (Buffer file 1). This is where the data will be Read in from. You also set the Requested Word Count to the amount of data in words you want to Read. In your case 50. Again, the Data File N11 must be of at least 50 elements (words) long. If you leave the length at 0 a default of 64 words is assumed. If, for instance, N11 was only 50 elements long, then this would error.

A BTW instruction setup is similar.

I won't go into any more detail until you reply and set us straight.

But why, other than the fact that I haven't seen you mention or provide a screenshot of a BTR/BTW instruction, do I think you are not using them?...

I've had a look at your copy of the RSLogix 500 program for the SLC controller, of which you attached back in post #21. Mickey also had a look and was correct in pointing out that you needed more programming. You have no BTR/BTW instructions in that copy of your program. Only the one rung for your one bit that sets an output.

I know that you have since made some modifications and/or additions to that program, but a fundamental setting which still may not have changed is the processor type. In the copy I'm looking at, the selected processor type is a...

1747-L541 5/04 CPU 16K Mem. OS401

This selection denotes either a Series A or B processor. These Series processor do not support the BTR/BTW instructions. So you cannot have been able to add those instructions while your processor is selected as such. Those instructions are Grayed out.

This is how I know, for certain, that you do not have these instructions in your program.

The minimum required to support the Block Transfer Read (BTR) and Block Transfer Write (BTW) instructions for an SLC 5/04 is an OS401 FRN 3 Series C processor.

So, and here is the possible "gotcha"...

Do you have a Series A or B processor and the selection for Processor Type in RSLogix 500 is correct?

Or...

Do you have a Series C processor and the selection for Processor Type in RSLogix 500 is incorrect?

If you do have a Series C, then you should instead select, depending on the processor's FRN, either...

1747-L541C 5/04 CPU 16K Mem. OS401 FRN 3-8

Or...

1747-L541C 5/04 CPU 16K Mem. OS401 FRN 10 and later

Also note, the 1747-SN must be a Series B to support the M Buffer Files.

If it is the case that you do have a Series C selected incorrectly, and you select one of the correct options above, you should then have the BTR/BTW instructions available to you.

If not, and it's too old a processor, then this BTR/BTW setup is not possible with this processor.

There is an older method of accessing the M Buffer Files manually, using multiple rungs. While that method is quite convoluted, it is possible.

Fingers crossed!

Regards,
George

Last edited: