Vijeo Citect and Twido PLC Connection Problem ?!

electrify

Hello,
I am trying to connect my vijeo citect project with twido but i cant do. I have been trying for a week :S

Is there anybody who made this kind of a connection before ?

What are the configurations to connect vijeo citect and twido ?

Thanks for your help...

At first - what kind of stuff you use?

For these things I typically use Twido with ethernet, cause its easier to connect to PC these days.

If you are using Ethernet do you have any other devices that connect to the Twido, i.e. other Twidos, HMI etc.

If so you need to be careful as the Twido only has four sockets available for it's TCP/IP connections.

Jon

My typical installation is network with Twido and Premium controllers, Magelis touchpanels and PC with Citect SCADA. Twido works on its own and collaborates with touchpanel and SCADA.

How to connect AB RSLOGIX5000 application with Vijeo citect SCADA application ?

Hello,
I am trying to connect my vijeo citect project with AB virtual PLC (RS Emualator) but i cant do. I have been trying for a week

Is there anybody who made this kind of a connection before ?

What are the configurations to connect vijeo citect and RSLOGIX 5000/RS Emualtor ?

Did anybody worked in connected AB PLC application with Vijeo citect SCADA Application?

thanks in advance

kathir

I have the same problem with Twido Compact TWDLCAA16DRF ...I cannot connect it to Vijeo Citect...i also do not understand how what i need to do to translate psysical plc inputs like %I0.0 to Vijeo Citect tags...

And also i don't know where i can see if Vijeo Citects connects with the plc...i am using MODBUS serial with an USB-RS485 converter.

Is there someone who can help me please...?

I have the same problem with Twido Compact TWDLCAA16DRF ...I cannot connect it to Vijeo Citect...i also do not understand how what i need to do to translate psysical plc inputs like %I0.0 to Vijeo Citect tags...

And also i don't know where i can see if Vijeo Citects connects with the plc...i am using MODBUS serial with an USB-RS485 converter.

Is there someone who can help me please...?

I assume your Twido compact is running Unity? (ive never used twido before) If so, you need to assign located addresses such as '00001' and '400001' to each Unity tag you want to address in Citect.
You can see if citect has connected to the twido by looking in the citect kernel. it has a page for IO Device status.

i program my twido using twidosoft...and for the program i use directly physical inputs and outputs...like %I0.0, %Q0.0...etc..
and now when i create a citect tag...i put the address for %I0.0 = 10001...it accepts me the address with no error...but when i assign this to a symbol, button...it doesn't change the state of any output or input on the plc..

Thanks,

i succeeded to connect my twido with vijeo citect...it says in kernel that system is online..aldo...i don't understand how is with the addresses ..i create 1 tag with the address 10002 and i see also in kernel general characteristics that it says digital reads 0 ..etc..all are 0...what i`m supposed to do...

I want to specify that i`m a beginner and i don't want to bother anyone. Thanks

Use your inputs to switch bits in a word (%mw0.0-15) or markers directly %m0-alot. Then read these registers from citect. %m0 is 400000 for example. There might also be an offset in that case %m0 is 400001.
Also download twidosuite from schneider. alot better than twidosoft

I did as you said and load into the plc...pyshical addr %I0.0 intro marker %M0
LD %I0.0
ST %M0

and then try to configure a var tag in citect with the address : 00001, 400001, 100001...i don't know how and what to try anymore...:-s..none works...i worked before with Siemens and it is much easier to implement a scada system...

Thanks for your concern..i`m waiting another responses if possible

please tell me:
version of citect?
is it citect lite or full?
configuration of communication in citect project editor?
configuration of servers in citect project editor?
configuration of tags you used?

but one thing i dont worked is Modbus over USB converter. In my typical aplication i use some kind of Modbus to ModbusTCP (ethernet) converter.

Also you can try to use memory words for bits %MW0.0 ... %MW0.15 rather than Memory bits %M0. I remember problems with citect lite and twido, when we used booth - memory bits and words at same time, but that was very special case with opc server and RS485-ethernet converter.

I use :
Vijeo Citect 6.1
Twido compact TWDLCAA16DRF
Comm standard : Modbus RTU over RS485 - USB converter

Now..i succeeded to comunicate with the plc...and i resolved somehow to control the application from citect...
I did something like this:
- i assign each pyshical input with an MW register from wich i controlled one bit : Ex:
%I0.0 -> MW0:X0 -> Modbus tag address : 40001
%Q0.0 -> MW1:X0 -> Modbus tag address : 40002
etc.
- i used this register also in the program in OR/AND instruction with the pyshical inputs and outputs.

And now my application seems to work BUT :

I`m wondering if on larger applications i don't loose memory this way and increase plc cycle scan time wich will then reflect on the quality of the application?

I cannot believe that there isn't a possibility that the PLC can comunicate directly the inputs and outputs to the citect...in modbus addressing scheme i can see that addresses like 100001 means pyshical input %I0.0 and so on but i cannot use these addresses because even if citect accepts them i get some errors in kernel when it tries to read/write :
Unknown data type and Address out of range.

Thanks a lot for concerning.

yes of course ...i made a mistake...sorry for that...i ment reading from inputs and writing to outputs...but witch twido and modbus i didn't worked before..i worked with siemens and with siemens is easier to create tags for hmi...