RSView

Oceansoul

Hi. Im trying to open a project in RSView 32 Runtime, but im getting an error
"rsview error [80042705] while opening c:\xxx\yyy\zzz\East.rsv. Open failed"

What does this mean o_O

Can you start RSView 32 then from the file option then to open dig thru c:\xxx\yyy\zzz\East until you find east with an icon looking like 2 tanks feeding a pipe to a computer screen from there your project should open then when you click the run button it should run.

This is to prove that all works as I am also thinking it is errors in the startup short cut

When you have RSV open, goto Help, Online books, User guide, section 2, step 3, Stating RSV running automatically, page 2-5 for a description for auto startup

Can you start RSView 32 then from the file option then to open dig thru c:\xxx\yyy\zzz\East until you find east with an icon looking like 2 tanks feeding a pipe to a computer screen from there your project should open then when you click the run button it should run.

This is to prove that all works as I am also thinking it is errors in the startup short cut

When you have RSV open, goto Help, Online books, User guide, section 2, step 3, Stating RSV running automatically, page 2-5 for a description for auto startup

It still wont open if i use the file Open command. I did get it to almost open, it started loading then said "Could not open Tag Database. Abandoning project" Or something to that effect.

There are no *.exe files in the directory? Should there be??

I presume this is the version that it was created with? How can i find out? Bearing in mind that the old HMI blew up and none of the Back up/origional files seem to want to load up in the new HMI.

grr

A message that can occur during starting up is, not able to synchronize the database so I suggest you

Give the info below a try just in case cache files are in conflict with your project.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in windows explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

Fixed it. I did the above, but that made no difference. Then after googling for what seemed like an age i came accross a Japaneese Rockwell page that had my error. http://www.automation.rockwell.co.jp/applications/gs/ap/gsjp.nsf/pages/RSView32_Q736JA

I then translated this into English using google and followed the instructions. Works now =]
Cheeers lads.

Technical Body:

Issue:

If you try to open the project, the following error.

RSView internal error [80042705] while opening C: \ ProjDir \ ProjName.rsv. Open failed.

Cause:

Making the project file is read-only. When you copy a CD from the project, such a problem occurs.

Resolution:

Remove the read-only setting. It is a read-only files are probably all in the project, DOS using the Attrib command, we recommend that you remove all the files read-only setting. Perform the following steps.
Open a DOS window.
Change directory to the project.
Run the following command:
ATTRIB-R *.* / S