Cp5711 vs pc adapter usb

The CP5711 is more capable than the PC USB adapter.
It supports DP up to 12M, the PC adapter does not.

Thank you all for this information!

Will the USB adapter have enough capacity for logging?
Using service lab logging 1-20 signals 20-25Hz?

If this is completely new installation, the FORGET the old CPUs and MPI.

Go Ethernet 100%. For small projects an IM151-8 is perfectly good. For bigger projects, I cringe every time I hear about someone wants to use a non-Ethernet CPU.

I ask again: How are you gong to log ?

If this is completely new installation, the FORGET the old CPUs and MPI.

Go Ethernet 100%. For small projects an IM151-8 is perfectly good. For bigger projects, I cringe every time I hear about someone wants to use a non-Ethernet CPU.

I ask again: How are you gong to log ?

You now the software business modification is coming all the time on all systems we have delivered. So I need connection to the MPI on old systems...

I will use it for logging DB addresses for troubleshooting.

All that it says on their website is:
"New SIMATIC-module for S5 + S7 via MPI, PROFIBUS and Ethernet".
No information about what drivers are used.

20 "signals" will be 80 Bytes if the signals are REALs.
And 25 Hz is a cycle time of 40 ms. With bandwith to spare, the online connection should be able to go down to 20 ms.
That is not trivial, neither for the adapter nor for the S7 CPU. Especially older S7-300 CPUs with MPI do not have so much communication performance.

The best you can do is to try out. There is a trial version of the Servicelab software.

All that it says on their website is:
"New SIMATIC-module for S5 + S7 via MPI, PROFIBUS and Ethernet".
No information about what drivers are used.

20 "signals" will be 80 Bytes if the signals are REALs.
And 25 Hz is a cycle time of 40 ms. With bandwith to spare, the online connection should be able to go down to 20 ms.
That is not trivial, neither for the adapter nor for the S7 CPU. Especially older S7-300 CPUs with MPI do not have so much communication performance.

The best you can do is to try out. There is a trial version of the Servicelab software.

I have order one so will play with it when I received it.