1 Parameter File Multi-Instance, possible?

EngrFrandee

Good day everyone,
I have been making some Factorytalk View SE projects and also I have been using parameterized instances which is 1 device = 1 parameter file. I have been thinking what if i have 1000 instances/devices (lets say discrete valves) so I also need 1000 parameter files and that's a lot of files to work on. I have this thinking what if i group all devices. For example, 1 parameter file for discrete valves, 1 for analog inputs, and 1 for analog outputs. For the Discrete Valve parameter file, i would be listing all valves there lets say (#1=Valve001, #2=Valve002, ... ). I would only call 1 parameter file but it has to select a specific valve to parameterize.

Is this possible idea possible? anybody here knows how? any suggestions would be of good help. Thanks

Not sure if you can do what you're asking, but my tip would be to forget parameter files and define the tags directly when you call the display using the /T flag. If your valves/motors/etc are all controlled by AOI's, you can call one tag (the AOI instance) and you're done!