Factory Talk ME - Parameter File selection is a variable?

So I have 6 tanks with a global popup I have made. All the "typical" first level items are working find with passing a parameter file for the specific tank in question.

The hard part: the global popup I am making also references other "global popups". I am trying to pass in a parameter to my global popups "parameter file" (as a #4 or something similar) but I dont appear to have or know the correct way to do this. I am assuming that it works the same as tag substitutions but this does not appear to be the case. Can anybody comment on this?

Explained a different way: I have 6 tanks all similar with interactive objects (think PlantPAX faceplates). If you click one tank, you get a popup related only to that specific tank. On that popup there are PlantPAX objects that need to be populated with the propper tag reference, only this is dependent on what tank was selected. Basically, you need to specify the PlantPAX objects paramter list as a parameter of the parent popup (if that makes sense; and these are not plant PAX objets but similar in concept)

Hope this doesnt confuse everybody. Thanks...:eek:

So I have 6 tanks with a global popup I have made. All the "typical" first level items are working find with passing a parameter file for the specific tank in question.

The hard part: the global popup I am making also references other "global popups". I am trying to pass in a parameter to my global popups "parameter file" (as a #4 or something similar) but I dont appear to have or know the correct way to do this. I am assuming that it works the same as tag substitutions but this does not appear to be the case. Can anybody comment on this?

Explained a different way: I have 6 tanks all similar with interactive objects (think PlantPAX faceplates). If you click one tank, you get a popup related only to that specific tank. On that popup there are PlantPAX objects that need to be populated with the propper tag reference, only this is dependent on what tank was selected. Basically, you need to specify the PlantPAX objects paramter list as a parameter of the parent popup (if that makes sense; and these are not plant PAX objets but similar in concept)

Hope this doesnt confuse everybody. Thanks...:eek:

SOLVED: I actually couldn't get it done with parameter file on the CHILD global object, but I was able to get it to work using the parameter list feature. The "parameters" of the CHILD object were added as additional entries to the PARENT parameter file. The CHILD was then set to PARAMETER LIST and I used the parent parameters (that included the correct parameters for the child) to pass in an ordered list of the correct parameters.

Origional Method:
pTank
pValve

parameterTank:
#1 = tag a
#2 = tag b
parameterValve:
#1 = tag c
#2 = tag d

pTank(parameterTank) > pValve(parameterValve)

DID NOT WORK

New Method:

pTank
pValve

parameterTank:
#1 = tag a
#2 = tag b
#3 = tag c
#4 = tag d

pTank(parameterTank) > pValve(#3,#4)

Thanks.....