1203-SM1 Scanport configuration

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
Possible dumb question alert here. Is the 1203-SM1 module for Scanport communication "plug and play" as long as the DIP switches are set properly? The manual I pulled up had instructions for configuring the card with Advanced Programming Software which from the screen shots, looks like a predecessor of Rslogix 500. Thanks in advance,
Roy

The basic functionality of the 1203-SM1 is pretty simple, but sending messages to read and write drive parameters other than start/stop/speed/feedback is moderately complicated.

It goes all the way back to APS ? That's old-school !

Some of the complexity will come from whatever network you use them on. The APS instructions probably refer to RIO and the 1794-ASB, but these modules should work with any FLEX adapter, including DeviceNet and EtherNet/IP and even the old FlexLogix or DriveLogix controllers.

Sorry for the late response...snowed in. I may not have been clear in my question. I'm not making any changes to the program. I just need to know if I buy a spare module, do I simply change the module out if the one in the rack should fail? In other words, do the same process I would if an input card failed?