1336 drive dc bus failure

The manual says it is a CT. I can only assume that it is actually a Hall-Effect DC current transducer since it is on the DC bus. Thanks.

Yes, there is a current transformer looped around the DC bus. I mistakenly thought you were talking about some sort of regular transformer when you mentioned the 'secondary'. I think of current transformers as only having a single winding.

Still wondering why those resistors heat up when reconnected.

Stationmaster

Replacing the gate driver board took care of everything. I'll leave figuring out the resistors heating up to the scrap electronics dealers. Thanks for all the input. It just goes to show, a quick 'who let the smoke out' inspection would have paid off before the logical troubleshooting process.

Replacing the gate driver board took care of everything. I'll leave figuring out the resistors heating up to the scrap electronics dealers. Thanks for all the input. It just goes to show, a quick 'who let the smoke out' inspection would have paid off before the logical troubleshooting process.

True THIS time, I believe in a close visual inspection too. Sorry I wasn't more help, nothing beats boots-on-the-ground.

Stationmaster