Looking for a rebuilt Allen Bradley 1336 Impact 250 Hp Drive

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a customer that lost a Allen Bradley 1336 Impact drive last night. Allen Bradley does not build this drive anymore . We are looking at a PowerFlex replacement . The customer wants to look at a refurbished 1336 Impact 250 hp.
Do you folks know of anybody that has any refurbished 1336 Impacts ?

I am looking for a 1336E-B250-AN-EN-L16

Thanks,

Not only is AB not making the drive, but you can no longer get the most of the parts for them, right down to some of the critical ICs on the circuit boards. That's why AB can't support them any longer, the component manufacturers stopped production of some key components and AB ran out of their back stock years ago. It's really kind of pointless to keep limping along with that drive, rebuilt or not, because it's only a matter of time before something else on that rebuilt drive fails and can't be replaced either. They need to bite the bullet now and upgrade.

AB is recommending a PowerFlex 755. Do you think that is a good choice ?

At 250HP you could use a PF753, they are basically the same drive, especially with regard to the power section. The difference is going to be mostly that the 755 has Ethernet built-in and the 753 does not. A 753+ an Ethernet board will cost a smidgen more than a 755. But the 755 was intended to be a network controlled drive, so it has no I/O built-in and you must add I/O cards, whereas the 753 has basic I/O on it, roughly equivalent to what the 1336 would have had. So, a 753 + ENet is then less than a 755 + an I/O card.

The 755 also adds some additional motion control capability, added Machine Safety functionality over Ethernet, and the ability to be used on servo and other Permanent Magnet 3 phase motors. But none of those were things you could have done with a 1336, so it's unlikely you need them here.

Good Morning ,

I have a customer that lost a Allen Bradley 1336 Impact drive last night. Allen Bradley does not build this drive anymore . We are looking at a PowerFlex replacement . The customer wants to look at a refurbished 1336 Impact 250 hp.
Do you folks know of anybody that has any refurbished 1336 Impacts ?

I am looking for a 1336E-B250-AN-EN-L16

Thanks,

I have one in great condition that came out of a running process and is shrink wrapped and on a pallet and the plan was to sell to Radwell but my parts clerk has not been able to get to it yet. Same part number except mine does not have the L16 after the EN and I am not sure what the L16 designates.

If you are interested PM me.

Last edited:
Last edited: