1734-AENT/B module profile

jdiameron

Question on the 1734-AENT/B module (v5). I have a 1769-L35E (V15) and I was working on adding 1734-AENT/B module to the I/O Configuration tree in the RSLogix 5000. Add on profile does not show up in the module selector. All I can add is 1734-AENT/A module and it is only version 1. Is 1769-L35E is not compatible with 1734-AENT/B? I can see the module under RsLinx.

I did download the AOP from AB download. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I have a 1769-L35E (V15)

By V15 I am assuming RSLogix5000 V15 ? if yes than just guessing that when V15 was out (long time ago) they only had a series A AENT and B just came out later, do you have a newer version of 5000? I think they are on Studio5000 V35ish now

I know they say it requires v17, but I have to think if you select the Series A and specify Compatible Keying, it should work with the Series B or Series C. That setting is supposed to tell the module to act as a Series A module.

I don't have the equipment here to verify for this module. But that is the reason for the Compatible setting, so you can replace an older module with a newer module and not be concerned about the series or revision.

You would need the newer AOP to take advantage of any new features and capabilities and that would require at least v17 of RSLogix 5000. In v15 the Compatible setting would force it to act as a Series A.

OG

I know they say it requires v17, but I have to think if you select the Series A and specify Compatible Keying, it should work with the Series B or Series C. That setting is supposed to tell the module to act as a Series A module.

I don't have the equipment here to verify for this module. But that is the reason for the Compatible setting, so you can replace an older module with a newer module and not be concerned about the series or revision.

You would need the newer AOP to take advantage of any new features and capabilities and that would require at least v17 of RSLogix 5000. In v15 the Compatible setting would force it to act as a Series A.

OG
+1, I have done this several times on older systems.

jdiameron,
Did you ever resolve this?

I'm having the same issue currently. I have a 1769-l32e (also version 15).
I ended up buying several 1734-aent/a NOS on ebay. However, I have 4 series b and i series c here on the shelf that I would like to get working.
I setup a test bench this afternoon. I could get a series A to work after setting the IP and chassis size right away.

But when I try a series B, I set the IP, chassis and I tried compatible keying but that didn't help. It kept trying to connect/validate and then fault with a fault code of Code16#0203.
It has F/W of 4.003.
I updated the EDS and that took care of RSLinx. Then, I updated the AOP to 6.01.1
Still no luck.

FYI:
Module Status is solid green
Network activity is flashing green(and I can successfully ping)
Network status is solid green and will then flash red 5 times going back to solid green(the flash happens when 5000 is telling me the module is faulted)
Point bus status is solid green

I would really like to not have to update this machine to a higher version.
Any other ideas?

I want to add that I did get one series B working but it has a F/W of 3.007. It must be one of the early models.