1734-AENT Series C Point bus module

sandy5020

Hi,

I just bought a 1734-AENT Series C module (Revision 6.01). I am using RS logix5000 and at site we have a running system with control logix L72 CPU which is configured with RSlogix5000 and there are some remote IO's connected via controlnet and AENT. As I need to add an additional remote IO to the system I bought this new AENT module from a supplier.

In my office I have a L71 CPU and 1756-ENBT Module after configuring the ip address for 1734-AENT ie 192.168.1.125 and ENBT module is configured as 192.168.1.11. but point bus is not communicating with ENBT module and I can see the yellow mark in logix5000. Is it a revision issue as in logix5000 I can see maximum major revision 3.0

Any advice is appreciated

Regards
Sandeep

You can get the latest EDS file by placing your mouse on the ANET in RSLinx and pressing your right mouse button. You should see that you can upload the EDS file.

Though you didn't state what version of RSLinx you're running, you may want to get the latest.

Yes while doing module configuration of 1734-AENT module via Rslinx I have saved the EDS file from AENT module...but in RSlogix5000 v20 I can not find the revision 6.01. Should I upgrade my rslogix version??

I can see RSlogix version 20.05 is compatible for 1734-AENTC series so I will have to upgrade my logix??? little concerned about my devicenet and all other communication will be effected this migration

As I already stated, what you need is an updated AOP.

The EDS file contains identity information for RSLinx to use, the AOP is what has hardware addressing information for RSLogix.

(There are some EDS-based AOPs, but to my understanding they are primarily 3rd-party devices).

I believe your ENBT needs to be version 4.006 or better. I had in mine a ENBT 4.003 and it wouldn't work. Dropped in a version 6 something and everything was fine.

I have RSLogix 5000 v20.04.01 installed on my PC, and it shows the 1734-AENTR Series A and B selectable.

Series A allows selection of versions 1,2, or 3.
Series B allows selection of version 4

The POINT I/O Adapters are complex Allen-Bradley modules that use Add-On Profiles for configuration. While EDS files are useful for RSLinx to identify the devices, and they are the mechanism for configuring some other devices, in the case of RSLogix 5000 and the 1734-AENT, you definitely need an Add-On Profile (AOP).

I went to the RA Product Compatibility and Downloads Center and used "1734-AENT" as the search term.

In the first result from that search, labeled "1734-AENT", I clicked on Downloads, then checked the Select Files box, then checked the box to download the "AOP for 1734-AENT v8.01.02".

Once I worked my way through the authorization and download process, I had a ZIP file named 1734AENT_Rel_8.01.02_Signed.

Unzipping that into a folder showed me a bunch of subfolders and an Application named "MPSetup.exe". That's the Module Profile setup application. Running it required a few click-to-accept prompts to install module profiles and redistributed components and some motion database updates. It took a while because there were .NET updates and a bunch of other stuff (it even required a reboot), and I'm running an old Windows 7 32-bit Virtual Machine without too many resources.

Among the things that it shows installed is "Rockwell Automation 1734-AENT Ethernet Adapter Module Profile version 8.01.02"

After installing that module profile, I restarted RSLogix 5000.

It now provides a drop-down option to select 1734-AENT Series A, B, or C. Series C allows selection of firmware versions 6 or 7.

I have downloaded the AOP from rock well site yesterday but my rslogixwas5000 v20.0 was running in windowsxp and the AOP can not install may be OS not compatible. I will re-install on windows7 and give a try but curious to know that AOP will work on any versions of Rslogix5000 as on rockwell site some of the versions were not showing compatible including Version 20.0