Rockwell 1734-AENT series A to Series C

bcard519

Hey there, I see lots of people have had issues over the years with the AENT's. The old series A basically stop doing anything over the network.

I have the series C installed, All seems to work except with RSLogix 5000. RSlinx see's the new unit, I have updated the AOP to work with 5000. I went offline and changed the Series and Revision to what it should be. The AENT operates as it should visibly out on the machine, when you open a door etc the lights all do what they should. Just the RSlogix can't see the new series C

I get the I/O not responding in RSLogix, when I go into properties for the module it says faulted, Code 16#0203 connection timed out. When I go to module info it says no minor or major faults, but internal states says " unconnected" configured says configured owned say "no" identity module says "matched" I have the chassis size set to 4, the module itself plus the 3 DI's.

They only change is that I switch the series A AENT to a Series C. Anything obvious that I am missing?

Thanks

Did you remove the old and add the new to the tree or just change settings?

This is poking at my brain as I had a similar issue and I think it was the firmware has to be updated on the AENTR before it worked on a newer Proc... .... But I can't recall.

I just updating in the tree, went offline, changed the proper series and revision. They made the configuration mismatch go away.

I have looked at the problem further. I have no CIP connections, the network status light is blinking green. No matter what I try I can not get the yellow triangles in RSlogix to go away. I have updated the EDS and well as the firmware for the AENT.

I am running this on a 1756-ENBT/A which is connected to a 1756-L62, none of this has changed either. Was simply swapping a busted AENT series A for a new Series C.

Last edited:
I would... if for no other reason it's the last update you will get for older hardware. And I am really thinking its V20... at least for the AENTR that I have.