1734 Analog Input Card Problem or Normal

emiller

Hello,

I have just installed an 1734-IE2V Point IO Analog Input Card and calibrated it. I used ground for the low reference and a DC source set to 10V for the high source.

I then disconnected the wires and with no input to the card it (open circuit) it is reading 10599 in Logix5000 and with a multi-meter between the leads it shows around 4VDC.

Is this normal because there is nothing connected to the card or should it go to zero when nothing is connected to the input?

Hello,

Did you get to solve this issue? I have a 1734-IE2V and I'm not getting any measurement. I've checked the wiring several times and I know it's correct. Now, when I use a multimeter to check the lines I see that it reads 5VDC, but the module always shows 0. Also, the status bit 2:I.ChData.0 ("fault" bit) is true, and it's the only status bit that is true.

I don't know if this was exactly the issue with you, but I think it might be similar. I'm not sure what could be the cause though.

Jose