1746-HSCE2 count card

hazey

Guys I have a couple of questions about set up of these cards. I have 4 of these in a rack starting at slot 13.
1) Do I need to use intergers N10 and N11 as per example, or is it OK to use further up the range. It is not clear in manual.
2) Do I need to have setup rungs for the 4 cards, slot 13,14,15 and 16. I think I do just want to confirm.

thanks

Hazey

pic2.jpg pic1.jpg

Last edited:
You can pretty much put the configuration file where you want. I have an application with two HSCE2 cards. The file for first card starts at N15:70 and the second card starts at N15:170.
You do need to have setup instructions for each of the cards.
I cannot comment on your attached pictures as I could not see them clearly.

Imi'ike thanks. Would yoube able to send me your example of the configuration of 2 cards in the rack. Do I need to set up one card and then cascade to the other?

thanks

Hazey

I created a ladder that contains the HSCE2 initialization code twice, once for each HSCE2 card. I followed the Allen-Bradley example #2 ladder 9 in Publication 1746-UM002B-EN-P. I copied their six rungs (0-5) two times into my ladder. The first set is for the first HSCE2 card in slot 2 and the second set is for the next card in slot 3. I therefore used O:2 and O:3 instead of O:1 as in their example. For the configuration file I start at N15:0 for the first card and N15:100 for the second card instead of their N10:0.

As for the calling function (ladder 8 in the AB example) I again duplicated the logic for each card. I still have only two rungs, the first has the First Pass bit followed by enough branches for each card. The second rung has the logic to call the subroutine.

rung1.jpg rung2.jpg

Imi'ike thanks for that I did end up sorting out the configuration and got all 4 cards working last week.

thanks again

Hazey