1747-l542c online edit problem

MAHAJAN247

I have 3 SLC 5/04 processors, all are communicating with the engineering station over DH+ network. and there serial port are used as DH 485 for some field device communications.

Out of this 3 I am having problem with a Processor which goes to fault when I try to do online edits from the engineering station over DH+ network.

It goes to fault mode, fault LED blinks and the DH+ LED was solid Green, but it stops communication over DH+.

So connected Laptop over serial port to capture fault code, when tried to go online a screen pops up which says
{[Fault code = 0004h] can not go online or upload from DEFAULT processor you must perform a download}.
need help if anyone knows about the same issue.

I've just mentioned this in another post and it's something that can seem impossible to be the cause, but is possible...

If the power supply for the suspect processor's chassis has its voltage jumper incorrectly set, 240VAC instead of 120VAC, and the line voltage is 120VAC, then the chassis may be working away for some time, but will experience unexplained communications issues, such as you've described.

It may or may not be the cause here, but it's definitely worth checking.

13823 - Unexplained communications problems when trying to connect to a SLC 500 Modular processor and a 1746-P1,-P2, or -P4 power supply is used to power the chassis
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

As per the suggestion checked voltage jumper, its set to 240VAC and my line voltage is also 240VAC, so its ok no problem with it.

As in other threads they said unlatching S:5/0 solved there problem so tried that as well, but still having same issue.

Rockwell tech connect said its a memory problem ...so replace the EPROM with a new one, when I removed the processor from the chassis and checked it does not have EPROM installed.

but since Rockwell suggested so installed a new EPROM and than checked, but same problem , processor goes to fault while doing online edit.

Finally I replaced the processor with/without EPROM and this one worked ok.

I don't know if it is possible in SLC to flash the firmware like the control logix. so my manager said fill the PSR form and send it to Rockwell. And of story.

Yep, sometimes you'll just get one where no ammount of suggestions are going to fix it, any which way we try.

G.