DH+ Communication to SLC 5/04 ( 1747-L542C)

Dear All,

I have SLC 5/04 CPU (1747- L542C), which will have totally 3 communication ports.
1.RS 232 (AB-DF1)
2.DH+ (8 pin Round connector)
3.DH+ (3 pin terminal connector)

RS 232 port has been converted in to DH485 by using 1747-PIC and connected to Two Panel views.
The DH+ (3 pin terminal) has been connected to other PLC and SCADA as well.
Now, DH+ (8 pin Round connector port) is free to connect to Laptop that is why I have bought
1784-U2DHP cable to communicate to Laptop.

When I connect 1784-U2DHP cable to that 8 pin round connector, I was not able to configure through RS linx. Once I remove that other DH+ (3 pin terminal) from that CPU, then only I am able to configure the 1784-U2DHP converter cable and working fine.
I understood both DH+ ports cannot work concurrently.
Please let me know, am I doing anything wrong? Kindly let me know how I can connect to PLC through 1784-U2DHP cable, even though the other DH+ (3 pin terminal ) was connected to other PLC.
OR Please let me know any other alternate way.

Thank you all in Advance!

Best Regards,
Kumar

Make sure the node address for the 1784-U2DHP is different from anything else on the network.

Last edited:
+1 for Mickey's idea...

Look at page 10, in the example they have selected 02, your PC and the SCADA are both (odds are) going to be 02, you need to change one of them to another number and not another number that is being used by one of the other devices on the network

Also just so you know... both DH+ connectors are connected in the CPU so they are one in the same

I understood both DH+ ports cannot work concurrently.

As GiT commented, the two connectors are intended to be used together. The 8-pin Mini-DIN is physically wired in parallel with the 3-pin Phoenix Combicon connector, so they are part of the same network.

You either have the incorrect DH+ data rate (57.6 or 230.4 kb/s) or a node number conflict.

Thank you all for your Support!

Which means both DH+ ports should work concurrently right?
Earlier i have set station address 0 for my laptop andwas able to connect to PLC, provided the other DH+ was removed.

tomorrow i will try to change the station address and try to connect the same.

please let me know is there any other way to see how many DH+ nodes conneted in to thatparticular PLC?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Kumar

Earlier i have set station address 0 for my laptop andwas able to connect to PLC, provided the other DH+ was removed.

tomorrow i will try to change the station address and try to connect the same.

please let me know is there any other way to see how many DH+ nodes conneted in to thatparticular PLC?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Kumar

Kumar

Yes

If you go online with the PLC thru the serial port (or if you get the DH+ port to work with all plc's connected) then open the processor status under Chan 1 you can see all active nodes. There will be a "1" in the box for active nodes. See picture.

activenodes.png

Last edited:
If you go online with the PLC thru the serial port (or if you get the DH+ port to work with all plc's connected) then open the processor status under Chan 1 you can see all active nodes. There will be a "1" in the box for active nodes. See picture.

GREAT info Mickey... never knew that