Communication between 1747-UIC and 1747-L40 SLC

Any chance they are the same node? is this a aftermarket UIC or an Allen Bradley? Can you communicate to the without the AIC ?

I've tried bouncing around different nodes, doesn't seem to be a conflict. It's a knock off UIC converter but it has been working great for the few months I've owned it.

I did realize after some reading that the 1747-UIC can't do anything but 19200 baud, which is why my ML1000 is now AWOL. Unfortunately, the only true serial port PC I have access to at the moment is this 64 bit Win7 laptop, and the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in linx doesn't get along with it. I will try going back to 9600 baud on the 1747-PIC/AIC driver in my 32 bit xp sp3 shell, but that doesn't usually work either, even with the xp sp3 patch for the 1747-PIC/AIC driver.

I do have some other machines at the office I can use to get the comm setting back to 19200 so my UIC will work again. I remember know why I avoid messing with DH485.

Tim said:
It's a knock off UIC converter but it has been working great for the few months I've owned it

I am sure it still does also... If you bought the UIC from me then it will not work with a AIC network, they only work for local nodes (better then AB's) but only local nodes, if you need to connect to a AIC getting more and more rare then you will need a original UIC from AB

I never did figure out how to get the UIC's to work with nodes (AIC) but since there are not a lot of AIC's out there anymore I just let it go

I do have and sell the original UIC's but all UIC's can only work on 19200

Yes DH485 can be a pain...

I'm only now seeing your signature, but I did indeed buy the UIC from your outfit. I've always had good luck with the 1747-UIC I got from ind-concepts doing point to point DH485 connections to DH485 panelviews (the reason I bought it). But it also seemed to work fine through the NET-AIC with the two node network I setup before I started screwing around with baud rate settings on the controller. Through my own inadvertent mistakes I never saw the SLC-500 and the ML1000 at the same time, but I could see whatever device was set to 19200 baud on the DH485 network. I downloaded and went online with the second SLC-500 and the ML1000 this way (before I screwed up the baud rates) using the 1747-UIC as my PC connection to the NET-AIC.

But regardless, now that I made the poor decision of setting both devices to 9600 baud and since the UIC can't do 9600, it would seem my only option is to find a capable machine that can use the UIC/PIC driver on a true serial port to reset the devices back to 19200.

I worked on it for a while in my 32 bit VM, and while its obvious that RSLinx 'almost' sees the nodes (it stalls briefly on the correct nodes as it scans through) I can't get a usable connection out of it.