1747 PIC/AIC Driver for Linx

winch

I installed RSlinx Lite to a new laptop running on Win 7 and when i tried setting up the drivers, i noticed that there was no driver for 1747PIC/AIC. I have the RSLinx Lite 3.6

Is it because of the Lite Version? is there a way to load or add the driver to RSlinx without getting the full version?

We use the 1747PIC/AIC module to network Micrologix PLC's with SLCs. when i tried to connect directly to the SLC5/04 (on the RS232 port) and used the Serial Driver in RSLinx I couldn't get it to communicate. is there a setting on the SLC Processor to lock the commnication to a certain device that is why i am not able to communicate directly?

Please help.

Thanks!

Do you have the offline file for the SLC5/04? If so take a look at its port configuration.

Using a null-modem cable?

The new version of RSLinx probably does not support the very,very old 1747-PIC/AIC driver. If you have to connect to a DH485 network then you need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Do you have a real serial port on your laptop? If not the 1747-PIC/AIC driver is not going to work anyway.

Last edited:
1747 UIC (USB to DH485/RS232 Converter

I agree with Mickey. I use the 1747 UIC (USB to DH485/RS232 Converter) to communicate with SLC5/03 processors throughout my plant. You can purchase this from AB distributor. You can also build your own cable, (THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED), unless if you are familiar with building cables and the correct pin out schematic. BE CAREFUL!!!!! You can destroy your processor if wired improperly. I recommend purchasing the correct communication cables but sometimes you have to work with what you have.

Do you have the offline file for the SLC5/04? If so take a look at its port configuration.

Using a null-modem cable?

The new version of RSLinx probably does not support the very,very old 1747-PIC/AIC driver. If you have to connect to a DH485 network then you need a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Do you have a real serial port on your laptop? If not the 1747-PIC/AIC driver is not going to work anyway.

yes im using a null modem cable. and i also have a serial port on the laptop.

i also checked the offline file ad found out that Ch. 0 is set to DH485. I'll try to use the 1784_U2DHP-1, driver and see if it works.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll try to use the 1784_U2DHP-1, driver and see if it works.

Thanks!

Do you have a 1784-U2DHP ( USB to DH+ cable)?

You could always go back to a version of RSLinx that does support the 1747-PIC/AIC driver. But I would upgrade to the 1747-UIC if you have to connect to a DH485 network often.

Last edited:
To communicate betwen a Windows 7 computer and an SLC-5/04 controller with the serial port set for DH-485 protocol, the only device that will work is the 1747-UIC.

The 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver does not and will not ever run on Windows 7. Even if you were able to install an old version of RSLinx Classic, the driver will not work.

No other driver or physical connection will work.

While Industrial Concepts does sell a 1747-UIC alternative, as I understand it the device only implements RS485 wiring, not RS232 wiring. I'm sure that Forum members who have one can comment on that.