1747 PIC AIC+ driver

p_logix

Hello,

I am running Windows XP SP2 and Rslinx does not have the 1747 PIC AIC+ driver available. Not showing up on driver list/selections. Is there any way to add this single driver to RSLinx?

Thanks

What version of RSLinx Classic do you have installed ?

RA removed the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver from a few releases because it just wouldn't work with the various Windows COM port drivers available at the time.

You ought to be able to download and install RSLinx Classic 2.59.

I believe its 2.57. But If that's the case and its available in 2.59 I will upgrade the software.

If I backup my drivers in Rslinx before upgrading to 2.59, I should be able to restore Rslinx configuration in 2.59 correct?

Thanks in advance-

I would just make notes about the drivers rather than attempting to do a configuration backup. I just never have.

My recollection was with very old RSLinx 2.20 and 2.30 releases, which removed the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver for Windows 2000 and XP.

Check to see if you're running RSLinx in "Windows 95 Compatibility Mode"; I know that was known to make the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver not available in XP. To check that, right-click on rslinx.exe in its program file folder and check the Compatability options.