1747-SDN Configuration

mikeyboy

Hello all hopefully this will be easy for someone to help me with. I am setting up a little DeviceNet application. Since the times are tough and this network is small I was told by the powers that be to use the Demo Version of RS Networx. Here is the problem. The default address of the 1747-SDN is 63. The Demo of the Software can only go up to node 6. How do I commission the node to an address of less than 6 if the default is greater than 6 and does not show on the screen. I am sure there are some other tightbutts have done this before. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike, Do you have the Devicenet Node Commissioning Tool software at your disposal? Mine is under the RSNetworx menu. It can change node and baud rate settings of all your devices.

Thanks Matt it worked. See we don't even work together anymore and you are still giving me all the right answers. Happy Holidays and hopefully you have a great new year.

Are you still in the same area as you were? We should have an Aida Engineering Reunion sometime.
🍻

Yep I'm still working in Dayton. Talked to an old Aida EE just last week as he is still working in Bellefontaine. We do need a get together sometime. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my old Co-Op.