1747-SDN I/O Mapping

jrsnydley

Hello everyone,

We have a machine in our plant that keeps experiencing mysterious stops. There have been some traps set up to capture the owner of the last stop and display it on the HMI. In the SLC chassis, there is a 1747-SDN. One of the last stops I saw was due to an XIO instruction tied to an I:1/106 from that scanner. Is there an easy way to map the I/O config out to figure out what I:1/106 is? I am assuming it is some sort of status bit due to the fact that it shuts off our machine if it is not detected. I have worked with mapping I/O in NetWorx for RSLogix5000 but I have never mapped it out for any RSLogix500 projects so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 1747-SDN Scanlist is saved in the Scanner itself, and the only way to display it is in the Scanner configuration applet.

I:1/106 is the "bit offset" notation for I:1:6/10, so look to see what DeviceNet slave node's data is mapped to that Word of the data table map.

I understand the bit offset. The scanner configuration applet is in RSLogix 500? Or do I need to connect to the module and upload the config in NetWorx?

The scanner scanlist and data table map are in the RSNetworx software.

If you have a current offline file, try opening that first.

Otherwise you will have to go online and upload from the 1747-SDN before opening the Scanner configuration and mapping applet.

RSNetworx generates a pretty good HTML Report for the Scanner, so you can save that for reference.