1747-winbas\1747-pbas

Tech400

All,
I have a 1746-BAS module. Only the DH485 port is configured to pull the program. Does anyone have a copy or know where i can get a copy of 1747-WINBAS? Rockwell and local Rockwell provider and ebay do not have this software.

I believe you can set the program port on Jumper JW4 to port 1, and then program it using hyper terminal or similar program.

I did it some years, don't quite remember all the details, but used this manual : 1746-UM004.

I have programmed many DB modules in the past and even though the WINBAS software was available, I never used it, since (like jmsmoreira says) you can simply used hyperterminal to transfer a file and notepad to edit it.

All,
Thank you for the response. Let me explain the full situation. we have an 1746-BAS module that has a dead battery. We do not have a copy of the configuration for the module. The manual says that the capacitor should hold the program for up to 30 minutes. However we are concerned if it does not we do not have a config or know anyone to configure the module.

What we have tried:
Plugging into PRT1 and opening Putty to try and pull the config through hyperterminal. No success. The manual states that the default config ships to where only the DH485 port is set for configuration and to change this you must change the jumpers JW4 to allow hyperterminal to work. To make this change we have to power down and unplug the module. Rockwell tech support did not have any advise.

Has anyone ever bought anything from plc-vip.com? thank you also for the recomendation.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: