1747SN block xfer from old slc 5/04 to PV900

DST1

The problem started with an error 208 in my PV900 after a program change and download to my slc 5/04. The logic had worked for over 2 years before the change, so I downloaded the original program back into the plc but still have the same problem. The communication is ok because I can still read data from the plc in the HMI but for some reason I can't write to the plc. After tracking the numeric entries that were popping up the "208" error , I noticed that they are associated with block transfers in the plc program. I also noticed that the BTR and BTW logic seems to be "locked" up.

Is there a way to get my sequence going again? The logic is almost identical to the "bidirectional continuous block transfer example" on page 144 of the 1747SN user manual. Do I need to reconfigure my #N file and then download again? I know you have to set bit 7 of word 0 to a "1" for BTR or a "0" for BTW, but I didn't see if any other bits needed changed for the startup config.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

You can write a Kick start rung with an unlatch of the DN Control Bit. Add a TMR to trigger the bit. You do not want it to trigger during normal Operation.