1756-DNB ERC Error 4:6,0,0,0

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer who has 2 DeviceNet scanners (Series A, v3.8 firmware) in a ControlLogix rack that have been running for about 14 years. In the last 2 weeks one of the scanners has faulted 3 times with the same ERC error 4:6,0,0,0. A power cycle and reboot of the scanner sorts the problem out until the next time but I'm struggling to find any specific information about what this error code means. All I can find on ERC errors are various anomalies that have been fixed with each firmware revision update. Does anyone have any idea what this code means?

The CLX plc in the rack was originally V10 firmware but was upgraded about a year ago with a newer model with bigger memory and is now V17. One thing that was changed recently was that I added 2 message instructions to a pair of Bulletin drives on the network to continually read the actual frequency whenever they are running. I'm hoping this doesn't have anything to do the the ERC error but am just trying to provide as much info as possible.

I'm considering flashing the firmware of the scanner up to version 5 or advising them to replace it with a newer model. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

No information on Google or the Rockwell Knowledgebase on the specifics of this error. I was really hoping someone in here may be able to help. Anyone?