1756-DNB going to IDLE on it's own

gmferg

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm trying to find out the conditions that could cause a DNB to go to IDLE mode on it's own.

We have a project that has a DNB in a remote ethernet I/O rack that is randomly going to IDLE mode. I suspected that maybe it was doing a comms timeout and switching to IDLE because it didn't see the Processor. Is this possible? Does the DNB go to IDLE when it doesn't see the Processor for a set time? Is there anything else besides turning off the run bit that could cause a DNB to go to IDLE?

After suspecting a timeout, I had the guy onsite check RPIs for all remote I/O modules and set them to 50mS for discrete and 100mS for Analog. There are 3 remote I/O racks. I have asked for ENBT CPU utilization numbers and ethernet error counts and haven't received that info yet.

The DNB has been swapped out and problem still persists. On other projects, we have done DNB in remote controlnet rack without issue.

Am I on the right track or is there something else I should be looking at?