1756-HYD02 Problem

pct_jimmy

Looking for anyone with experience on these modules. I had a strange problem this morning and I'm looking for an explanation and so far I can't find it.

Here's the story:
There was a feedback fault on two positioners on the same module, before I got in the plant manager had swapped the module with a spare and channel 1 came back. When I got in the maintenance personnel where checking over wiring in the field JB, they found nothing. I started over from scratch and checking everything and ultimately eliminating all field wiring. I could get feedback from both transducers if I connected them to another module but on only on one when connected to the proper module.

I then decided to swap positioner one and two on their module (swapped wiring on the plugs on the terminal blocks) and see what happens. When I done this both of them came alive and started working, opposite of course. I then said screw it and swapped channels in the program and downloaded it and so far so good.

I'm at a bit of a loss here and was wondering if anyone else has had any similar occurrences with these modules.
I should also note this mill is built on a Native American burial ground and someone thinks they saw a UFO but none of it can be substantiated.o_O

Thanks in advance.