1756-L61 Firmware Upgrade

bluenoser337

Hi: Trying to upgrade firmware in an L61 from 15 to 20 but L61 is not in the catalog in ControlFlash (v12). Downloaded the firmware file from Rockwell but it's still not in the catalog. I suspect the problem is where I am putting the downloaded file. Tried a bunch of locations but no luck. :cry:

Thanks labeledas!! It was an exe that produced a dmk. I tried downloading and installing v14 (the complete package) and my L61 download was then on the list. Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🍺

Some firmware downloads give you an .exe, some downloads give you a .dmk. I've never been able to work out a pattern.

If you get a .dmk, you need to run the DMK Extraction Tool, found in Start>All Programs>FLASH Programming Tools (this is for Windows 7 - I just click start and type "DMK", it always comes up from there).

That will register the firmware with ControlFlash, and then your target hardware should be available.