1769-L30ER load firmware and program from SD card

bhedding024

I'm in the process of installing a new 1769-L30ER controller as a retrofit to a 1794-L34. I'm trying to find out if I can load the firmware and program into a brand new controller without having to connect a computer to the controller. Any time I've ever set up NV ram before, I've done it while connected to the PLC. I've been reading about setting up the controller to read from the SD card in the event of corrupted memory, or on every power-up but not sure exactly how that's going to work. I'm trying to accomplish all of this remotely without having to walk them through updating their software to V32.04 and how to use control flash, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice. Thank you!

Unless you're prepared to be their remote support person for the long haul, I would try to walk them through adding v32 to their installed software. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Are you able to prototype the PLC and have it at least initially programmed ahead of time?