1769-L36ERM Ethernet Com Path Setting

RAUL.ROBINS

Hi everyone,

I´m trying to upgrade a machine that has an 1769-L32 to a 1769-L36ERM but there are some devices like RTA 435 and Balluff RFID Gateway that can´t conect to plc i talk to rockwell people and they said that the comunication path change in new plc i tried with diferent slot number but it doesn´t work anyone has any idea how to configure this in new controller.

(This is the Balluff RFID Gateway configuration looks like: http://imageshack.com/a/img905/3507/kPtuLD.png )

Refer to Appnote #467768

To specify the Ethernet port on the L23E, L32E and L35E CompactLogix controllers a 1, 1, 2 needed to be entered in the beginning portion of the MSG path (this would then be displayed as a LocalENB, 2).
When using the new CompactLogix 5370 Controllers all that needs to be specified is a 2 at the start followed be the remaining targets path. An example of a valid MSG path to a MicroLogix 1400 (with an IP address of 192.168.1.1), directly connected, would simply be 2, 192.168.1.1

The new CompactLogix should respond to an EtherNet/IP message that is addressed either to the IP address itself (as though it was a MicroLogix) or that addresses the CompactLogix CPU in Slot 0.

Is your problem with messages inititated by the Baluff and RTA devices, or with MSG instructions in the CompactLogix.

John Rinaldi at RTA is an absolute expert at EtherNet/IP messaging and I'm sure he's run into this already.