1769-OF8V config

8876dsmith

Does anyone know where, exactly, the configuration file for a 1769-OF8V in slot 1 of a MicroLogix 1500 would be?
I have the 1769-UM002B-EN-P pub chapter 4 that mentions it, but I haven't been able to find it.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

If your just looking on the setup then right click in the I/O config and then click advanced setup... if thats what you are asking for

of8v.jpg

Thank you for responding.
I enabled all the channels in various configurations.
However, when I go to the output data file, I am not able to change the output voltage for each channel by changing the value of the word. (O:1/4 [32767] for instance).:confused:

Thank you for responding.
I enabled all the channels in various configurations.
However, when I go to the output data file, I am not able to change the output voltage for each channel by changing the value of the word. (O:1/4 [32767] for instance).:confused:

Is the MicroLogix in Run mode ?

Yes, indeed. That's exactly what I have done.
Then, I go to the Output Data Tables and attempt to manipulate the data for the 8 channels to get differing output voltages but it doesn't seem to be working. It may be something wrong with my module . . . ?

to change the output voltage for each channel by changing the value of the word. (O:1/4 [32767] for instance).:confused:

If that is the address you are using, that is not a word address.
Try O:1.4 for channel 4 ,O:1.0 for channel 0 ( is the card in slot one?)

The value of-course will depend on how you have configured the card.
Can you post the .RSS file (zip it first)

8876dsmith - Also check your output Low Clamp and especially the High Clamp values are set, they default to zero.

I would think all the logic you have in ladder 2 is going to interfere with getting a output from your card. Delete that logic

You need to move a value to the output word e.g O:1.0 for channel 0.
If this is just for testing then you can write directly to the output word, no logic necessary.
Or a move instruction if you want.

See pdf for the data format values for the way you have the card configured.

0 counts =0 volts
31207 counts = 10 volts

Last edited:
See PDF. Leaving them at zero disables the clamping.

I didn't know that, but that black bar on the left of the relevant paragraph means it's new or modified information in the document - probably added since I read it. Nor is it mentioned in the Help for the configuration dialog. Nor is it in Rockwell's own training material....

Whatever, it's still good to know