1771-OFE2/B Problem

Hi everybody, I am installing a new module 1771-OFE2/B to control analog outputs, I know about the BTR and BTW, and I think that all is correctly, but the problem is that not send current in my outputs, then i am checking with the BTR the word 5 where is possible check the status of the channels and I have the four channels in error (bits 0 to 3 are in 1)in the words that I am sending with the BTW I have the word 5 (configuration) in 0 complety, please help me in that because i not understand what can be wrong. The status leds in the card are: green (still on) and red (is off)

welcome to the forum ...

please post your complete .RSP file ... it would also be a good idea to tell us how the DIP switches on your chassis backplane are set (we often need to know what addressing mode you're using to double check the Block Transfer addresses) ... if this module is located in a remote chassis, it would be a good idea to tell us how the DIP switches on the ASB module are set ...

Than you for your response. Look, I am doing a modification in a existing program (attached) if you see i not use the wizard because o tought that can be configured directly with BTW and BTR instructions, is necessary tell you that i made test using the wizard and the problem not change. In the aplication we have only a 16 slots rack, where is mounted the CPU, the power supply, some I/O discrete modules, one analogic input module and the card 1771-OFE2 is mounted in the last slot, we use the rack 2 group 7 and module 0, you can see that in the routine Burkert, by the way, you can see in the routine ANALOGICAS the BTR and BTW to control an analogic input module this is in the slot 12, right now i can not stop the machine because is working but if need more information i can check.

try using the values that I've highlighted (N66:5 through N66:17) ... if everything else is right, this should give you 12.0 mA from each of your four analog output channels ...

I'll look deeper when I get a chance - but I'm swamped right now ... this might be all it needs ... but make sure that those B-bits that you added to your Block Transfer rungs are made TRUE ... better idea: just get rid of them ...

ofe_b.JPG

Last edited:
glad it worked ... incidentally, this is EXACTLY the same setup that we use in every PLC-5 class ...

you see i not use the wizard

my only question is "why not?" ... you can do it offline on a "scrap" program and come up with the right configuration values ... then manually copy those values into the proper place in the data tables - and it should work ... that's exactly the procedure that I used to solve your problem ...

because i thought that can be configured directly with BTW and BTR instructions

the BTW just "carries the data" over to the output module ... specifically, the Block Transfer does NOT "produce" the data - it only carries it ... more specifically, it does NOT "write" the data ... (yes, the name is a dumb one) ... so ... if the data happens to be "wrong" then the Block Transfer will simply carry the "wrong" data to the module - and the system won't work ...

i made test using the wizard and the problem not change.

no offense intended, but if you used the I/O Configuration feature, then you (1) did the procedure wrong ... or (2) you put the data that it generated in the wrong place ...

friendly advice: if you have more systems to do like this one, practice up with using the I/O Configuration feature ... it will be well worth your time ...