1784-PCMK under DOS 6.22

What is it exactly that you want to achieve ? What software ?
Are you attempting to run something from native DOS or from Win XP, or ... ?

For native DOS, here is a listing of config.sys and autoexec.bat that has worked for me.
This is from many years ago, so the information given shall be treated with care :)

Config.sys:

Device=c:\dos\himem.sys

Device=c:\dos\emm386.exe noems x=ce00-ceff

REM det er nødvendigt at exclude PCMK-kortets

REM hukommelses område !

Devicehigh=c:\cpqdos\ssvlsi.exe

REM Compacs socket service

Devicehigh=c:\cpqdos\cs.exe

REM Compacs card service

Autoexec.bat:

C:\abic\bin\pcmkinit.com m=ce00-ceff i=5,10 s

REM Allen Bradleys specifikke PCMK enabler

Thanks for reply, Jesper

My immediate requirement is to download a 6200 application to a PLC 5/250.

I have:-
Dell Latitude D600
Windows XP
6200 PLC 5/250 software 4.50.04
RSlinx classic gateway
PCMK Series B card

RSLinx can see the PCMK card OK, and can see PLC on DH+.

When I run 6200 5/250 in a DOS window in XP, "Online Prog" gives me error "DTL_KT Driver not loaded" - Is this because PCMKINIT is needed in the PIF properties "AUTOEXEC" (I have created specific versions of AUTOEXEC.NT and CONFIG.NT called AUTOEXEC.AB6 and CONFIG.AB6, these are specified this in the 6200 software PIF).

I have tried relocating PCMK card down at addresses like D4000-D4FFF and set IRQ to 7 so that I can try the direct connection driver in 6200 Online config - this gives "Error attempting to change communications state". (I terminate RSLinx when I try this). RSLinx is happy with PCMK card at any memory address I choose.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting something here - is running 6200 software in a DOS window in XP not the same as running it from DOS? The 'properties' dialogs seem to be able to cater for the EMM etc., and the DOS window will run its own AUTOEXEC and CONFIG as above.

Update...

OK I have tried running PCMKINIT from AUTOEXEC.AB6 but it flashes up the message "Card Services Must Be Installed First". I didn't want to go down that route - too complex.

I have a backup procedure - its called a 10-year old Compaq machine running DOS. My guess is its probably simpler to use that, unless you can suggest a simple method to enable this under WinXP.

Hello daba.

1st, all your attempts at running the native DOS drivers from a DOS window in XP will fail.

2nd, there is an option to connect 6200 via RSLinx. But your 6200 software is too old. This option came with v5.32.xx something. Not sure if the 6200 for PLC5/250 is the same as 6200 for "normal" PLC5. If the option is available, then there will be an "RSLinx" option in the list of drivers.

If you dont have the RSLinx option, then your ONLY option is to run the 6200 in native DOS ("DOS" as in Win3.11 is also OK) and with the native divers.
If you are lucky, then there is an old abandoned laptop lying arund somewhere. (edit: as it seems you have that, then dont waste more time with XP).
That, or you have to use dual-boot on a recent PC. But I am afraid that you will quickly run into problems with the modern hardware not being supported by Cardware or PCMKINIT.

Hi daba -
If you can find a machine running Win 2K Pro you should be able to run the 5/250 6200 software/PCMK interface without a problem. We run several 5/250's and use Win 2K to interface (PCMK to Serial). We baby these laptops because we have heard about DOS windows issues in XP.