1784U2DHP $1770.45/ea. SLC5/04 comm options

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all;

It’s been awhile for me as far as posting online. We have some systems that have the SLC5/04 processor. I have made due with a null modem cable for programming thus far. When the system is online the serial port is used for communication to a HMI. I have to unplug the HMI to work with the PLC. I am told I need a data highway plus cable 1784U2DHP at $1770.45/ea(n). What makes this cable so special? Does anyone have any options for this? I have the top 3pin and middle round din open on the card.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions made..

Mickey I am liking that $300 option. If I understand correctly this splitter is made as a permanent comm port expander option but I could temporarily insert it between the PLC & HMI then connect my PC. This would allow for the PLC to continue comm with the HMI and I could do online editing / diagnosis. Is this correct?

I have never used one ,but that's what it says. I'm just the messenger.
Maybe someone will check in who has.

Last edited:
What does that AB port splitter cost ?
edit: Missed the screenshot. I see, 317 USD

Datalink has many products for just this type of application.
http://www.protocolconverter.com/products.html
There is an ethernet-to-DH+ converter.
And there is also a DF1 "port splitter".

Not exactly cheap as far as I know, but it gives you some more options to chose from.

Not exactly cheap as far as I know, but it gives you some more options to chose from.

Hi Jesper, Any idea on the 'not cheap' ? I have built 2 DH+/Ethernet bridges this year for customers and this shoud run cheaper then that... I did not see a price on the site

Hi g.robert, You can buy a PCMK for around 500 on eBay, I have a few... send me an email if interested

Hi GiT.

I think the prices have been mentioned before. Try to search for "Datalink" or "DL4500".
I sort of remember the prices were around 2000 USD.
Cheaper than a CLX rack with ENBT and DHRIO.

I have built 2 DH+/Ethernet bridges this year for customers and this shoud run cheaper then that
You mean that you have made bridges that were less than the mentioned 317 USD ?

You mean that you have made bridges that were less than the mentioned 317 USD ?

Hi Jesper,

Oh no... I sold them installed for 3k, this was the ENBT,DHRIO and A4.. I was thinking that the DL4500 would be cheaper then the CLX

I will contact them to see if I can get a special pricing :)