2-Hand Safety Relay with Latching

baberb

Hey all, we have an application that requires a two-hand relay, but I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a safety relay with latching function.

Operator must initiate the hazardous motion (closing the jaws to pinch product) with two-hands, but when a prox is seen the output should stay on until the process is done, allowing the operator to release their hands and the jaw stays closed. When the process is done, PLC can send a reset signal to the relay, which will turn the output off

Basically a 2-hand anti-tiedown relay, but with a latching input and a reset

Is there such a thing?

You want a 2-hand safety relay with muting. Banner AT-GM-11KM is one I've used in the past. This unit would require two proxes, one PNP and one NPN, and a muting active indicator lamp.