2 tp1500 basic pn the same mac address

That is a unusual MAC address for any device. Make sure both HMIs are not already set with the same IP at the panel (change it to none and let your h/w config set it). By the way, HMIs are not required to be in the H/W configuration to work in a system.

Last edited:
The ip of the panels are not the same. The ip of the hmi is set on the device itself. My problem is i dont how the mac address of both hmi is 04-04-04-04-04-04

What version of Step 7 are you running and are the latest service packs installed? What happens when only one HMI is configured and connected? There is always Siemens support, they're pretty good.

Something looks messed up in those screenshots.
You have cable lengths of 1450.73 m ?
And signal delay times 7950 ms ?
I think you have some kind of networking problem, and as a sideeffect the MAC addresses are displayed incorrectly or have been mixed up.

Try to connect only to the panels, one at a time with a patch cable and check IP and MAC. Do they still display as the 04-04-04-04-04-04 ?
Also, check what MAC address is printed on the rear of the panels.

Tp1 ip is 192.168.0.18 and tp3 is 192.168.0.17 when only one is connected the ping of the connected device.is ok.. But when both are connected, the ping of both device is alternating when 1 is replying the other will time out..

Although other posters have pointed out a couple network oddities I suggest you look into, I'm not sure they are the whole problem. I would think that network issues might make communication difficult, but I can't think of a way they would change the reported MAC address of a device.

I'd also suggest calling Siemens Tech Support about the MAC addresses. Most devices have fixed MAC addresses, and I think yours somehow didn't get that done in the factory. 04-04-04-04-04-04 sounds like some kind of default address, to me. You need at least one of them changed/replaced, and I can't think of a way to change them.

The MAC address from the factory is printed on the rear of the panel.

The only thing I can suggest is to try and install an OS Update and see if that fixes the problem.

The screenshots from the panels themselves shows that they indeed have the same strange MAC address. I think you should contact Siemens support.
Send them the screenshots from post 13, and photos of the rear of the panels.

You could also try LINK Reset to factory settings

Like stated before mac address is usually fixed but on some Siemens products like CP cards it can actually be changed however a reset to factory default should revert back to the printed mac.

Last edited: