2 tp1500 basic pn the same mac address

The wierd thing is i can os update the panel but i cannot factory reset it.. When im trying to factory reset it will says that there is no communication to the module..

Have you tried plugging a cable directly between you computer and the HMI or are updating with all nodes plugged in?

Yes ive tried it.. When i os update it that's what i do.. Im successful in os update but not in the factory reset.. I dont know why.. Ive tried the mac address on the back of the panel and the mac address on the control panel of the hmi but still doesnt work..

What connection settings are you using in the Panel (Ethernet or S7Ethernet)?

Try to change to Profibus if you have a Profibus programming cable.

Are you using a crossed cable when going directly pc to hmi? If not try that also or go by a switch so that the autosense function is excluded.

Are you using ProSave if not try that also.

Dont you get any error messages if transfer fails?

Is the hmi must be turned off when performing factory reset?
From Prosave help:
1. Switch off power to the HMI device.

2. Start ProSave and select the "General" tab.

3. Select the device type and select "Ethernet" under "Connection".

4. Enter an IP address.

5. Switch to the "OS Update" tab.

6. Enable "Reset to factory settings".
An input box opens where you can enter the MAC address.

7. Go to the "MAC:" area and enter the MAC address of the HMI device.

8. Select the HMI device image file "*.img" under "Image path".
The HMI device image files can be found in the installation folder or on the product DVD of the Engineering System.
When the HMI device image file is opened successfully, information on the image version is displayed in the output area.

9. Run the operating system update with "Update OS".

10. Switch on the power supply to the HMI device.

11. Follow the instructions in ProSave.

Oddly enough, I have just been 'playing' with a Siemens touch panel, and when it loads the MAC address in the bottom corner shows 04-04-04-04-04-04.

I know that's not helping but thought I would share anyway.

Cheers

Mark