20 Port Stratix 5700

ErikG

I'm using a 20 port Stratix 5700 Switch. IP address of 192.168.1.1 There are (2) gigabit ports, GI1/1 and GI1/2. I have a computer plugged into GI1/1 with an IP of 192.168.75.200, and a micrologix 1400 plugged into GI1/2 with an IP address of 192.168.75.80. I am unable to ping the PLC and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have the smart port assignments as "switch for automation". Administrative mode is set to 'trunk' on both ports. Any Ideas on how I can get communications between these 2 ports?

And "switch for automation" is not right either. That setting is used with "trunk" for connecting to other switches.

The proper macro is probably Automation Device.

The Gig ports are usually used to connect the switch to other switches. The other ports are used for connecting to your devices. Not that you can't change the configuration and use the Gig ports, but as you see, they are configured as trunk ports where the other ports are configured as Access ports. Pretty sure that is the default setting.

OG

Last edited:
I have found a bug in several of the Stratix switches where you use the setup mode and set the IP address. When you hit save it places the port you used to configure it to VLAN 1000 and no longer communicates. You have to go into another port and put it back to the default VLAN.