3 types of PLC, practical application to a system.

I didn't pick this PLC stuff, I choose electronics. I mean who cares about plc advantages and stuff, at the end of the day it is about maths/coding which is easier for everyone.

unlike english literature there is a right and a wrong to every word and letter you use.

I think you will find that many positions are going to include hardware and design; not just the "maths/coding" In any case the programmer needs to understand hardware, and the real world aspects of the machine. You may not ever use these terms, but it is very likely, that you may need to explain to a customer/boss why a certain PLC is needed/justified. In the end, it is all about making and saving money.

Also to note: acting like a spoiled little kid; won't get you very far.

I think you will find that many positions are going to include hardware and design; not just the "maths/coding" In any case the programmer needs to understand hardware, and the real world aspects of the machine. You may not ever use these terms, but it is very likely, that you may need to explain to a customer/boss why a certain PLC is needed/justified. In the end, it is all about making and saving money.

Also to note: acting like a spoiled little kid; won't get you very far.

Yes you need to know how it works and where it is best but some questions don't ask you that...

mr demand :
You will have to larn a little bit broader then just programming, The question is legitimate as they ask how you think about these machines, and you can give an answer about what you experience from the websites and info the company gives you.
this assignment was given you last week, and now you are too late to present it.

Mate
Understand there are literally hundreds of students out there that have asked the same questions
these have been answered
search the site and start doing the work
We read these posts and go - wee answered this 10 years ago.
and we see at least one of this type of post every two or more weeks.

I think Lancie gave a perfect answer in post # 7.

As already stated by Lancie and others, the unitary-modular-rackbased distinction is impossible.

Is it possible that the question is really a test to see which students can be critical of the given material and if they can find out how to ask intelligently ?