32-bit addition on Micrologix 1400

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't see how to do 32-bit addition on a Micrologix 1400.

It's for a parts counter which could conceivably rack up 100 million plus parts in it's lifetime. It's resettable so it may never get to those heady heights but either way 32,767 is probably less than a day's production.

Every time I get to step 11 of my auto sequence I want to add one to the count and display it on the PanelView Plus 6 along with a reset facility.

Would someone be kind enough to offer a solution?

Create a data table using the 'L' (Long) data type. Use a simple ADD instruction to add 1. Use the CLR instruction to zero the count.

(Sorry, I'm slow)

Similar Topics

Hi, Did anyone ever did 32 bit addition in SLC with integer files. I know I can use floating point, but I want to use integer files(NXX:XX). Any...
Replies
Views
See the screenshot of EIP tag list. We are trying to read in a digital input that is hard-wired. It is shown here as I31.1. I believe we cannot...
Replies
Views
A couple days ago I accidentally toggled an alwasyoff bit. The issue is it was set up as a single OTU on a rung, nothing else, and used as XICs...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an old panel builder 32 that I’m replacing for a factory talk me hmi . In the plc for the old panel builder there is a coms bit for the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Haven't been on in a while. I need to generate a bit level pdf of the I/O for RSLogix 500. I can generate a report but it just shows the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom