3Φ induction AC motor with VFD.

... Now stopping will need a special VFD with a braking circuit. The motor will get hot as there is current flowing but motor is not running its normal rpm. so extra cooling will be ...
Unless the VFD is set to just allow the motor to coast to a stop, which on a gear reduced conveyor drive is likely the case. If it were started ATL, there would not likely be a brake either.

Braking and bottles don't go together well in my exerience. Don't ask how I know... :sick:

If acceleration is not a big deal then it sounds like a good application for a clutch. Lot's of energy wasted starting and stopping this motor. Check out warnerelectric.com

Clutch/Break....

This is used in one of the filling machine in my previous work. Works pretty good and stop position is very repeatable considering the position tolerance is +/-2mm.

From my experience with the machine I think this is your best option.