4-20mA device into a 0-20mA module

XtremeIN

Hello all,
I am looking at configuring the hardware of a system. We need a 4-20mA sourcing outputs and analog inputs. I have two options, two different modules, a 4 channel 4-20 input module and a 4 channel 4-20 sourcing output module. Or, a 8 channel 0-20 input / 4-20 sourcing 4 channel output combo module. The cost of the combo module is less than the other two combined and it will allow me to go to a smaller rack saving even more money. My question does it matter that the combo card is 0-20 in not 4-20? All the input devices are 4-20.
Thanks,
Micheal

Hi

I often use 0-20 cards for 4-20 items as if the unit is disconnected I get a - value so I know the unit is faulty or been disconnect.
Once your scaling is set up right I cant see any trouble.
What are you going to be connecting

Donnchadh

Thank you for the help. We will be using a pressure transducer and a Signet Conductivity meter.

I figured it could be corrected/offset using thr scaling in the PLC, but it has been awhile.

Micheal